Donating to Veterans
Donating to Veterans is Thanking Veterans for Our US Way of Life
Surfside PX is a non-profit thrift store whose mission is to raise funds for Disabled Veterans' Charities. This is the Myrtle Beach Community's opportunity to help Disabled Veterans through the sale of their donations through Surfside PX.
Our #1 Goal: Donate to Veterans' Charities
Getting cramped for space around your home?
Donate to Veterans, regain your space and get a Donation to Veteran Voucher to use in your next tax return - and your gift will help a Veteran in need.
Things You Can Donate to Veterans?
Basically any gently used items except for mattresses/box springs, Infant car seats/cribs can be a Donation to Veterans.
- Appliances (in good working condition)
- Arts and Crafts
- Clothing - Not accepting any more clothing
- Electronics (in good working condition)
- Gardening Stuff
- Household Items
- Kitchen articles, pots and pans
- Tools (in good working condition)
- Large items such as Cars, Boats, RVs can also be listed through our Siloz site link
Donate to Veterans by dropping it all off at the PX.
What Happens to your Donation to Veterans?
- Volunteers sort the items you donate to Veterans.
- Volunteers ready your donation to Veterans.
- Volunteers ready your donation to Veterans by dusting, cleaning, making small repairs when needed.
- Volunteers research going prices on the internet for similar items to your donation to Veterans then price your donation to Veterans lower than the going price. Selected categories of items you donate to Veterans are further discounted depending on the volume received of the particular item category in your donation to Veterans. For example, the PX gets a lot of household goods. So Linen, Dishware and Cookware are always at 50% off the marked lower than going prices.
Our existing pricing structure allows us to say that we can help our local community obtain quality items at very reasonable prices. Volunteers also sell your donations to Veterans via our eBay store via the internet.
All collected funds from the sales of the items you donate to Veterans are targeted for the 3 Injured Veterans Charities we chose (see our Charities page) once the PX's overhead costs are met.
The PX's overhead expenses are Rent, Insurance bills, Utilities, Cleaning supplies for your donation to Veterans, supplies for display on the sales floor and maintenance/repair costs for our aging delivery van. And that is it.
We have NO payroll whatsoever and Scott, our CEO, likes to point out that although there is no cash pay for what the volunteers do for the PX, the PX does have a great health benefit plan: all the furniture lifting and moving a volunteer may want to do to keep fit :)
You also may want to know that when you donate to Veterans, nothing goes to waste.
When Your Donation to Veterans does not make it to the sales floor at the PX, what you Donate to Veterans is given to the Salvation Army.
Also, when you donate Infant's and some Women's apparel, what you donate to Veterans are given to a downtown Myrtle Beach Thrift store run by a congregation whose charity is to help Women and Children.
Our Volunteer Team tries their best at giving great customer service but at times can get overwhelmed by all the work your generosity to Veterans generates. We hope you will all forgive us our occasional lapses in patience on the sales floor.
Volunteers are the backbone of our organization and it is Volunteers that will help us meet our mission statement of raising funds for Injured Veterans' Charities.
In closing, we would like to express our deepest gratitude to our past, present and future Volunteers. We recognize that they are the ones who can transform what you so generously donate to Veterans into help for our community and in meeting our mission statement of raising funds for Injured Veteran's Charities.